The Center works in close cooperation with a sister program, RIREACH, that provides direct assistance to individual Rhode Islanders experiencing problems with their health insurance or medical bills.
RIREACH can also answer technical questions from other advocates, Navigators, brokers, enrollers, and anyone else who helps Rhode Islanders access health coverage or care.
To reach RIREACH, call toll-free:
The line is answered live on business days between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
An attorney from the Center works closely with RIREACH on all cases requiring legal intervention or support.
- Help you understand the health coverage options available to you
- Help you access and find out what your insurance covers
- Help you with other sources of assistance
- Inform you about your rights and responsibilities as a consumer
- Assist in solving problems with your coverage
- Help you in English or Spanish and offer interpretation services in other languages.
RIREACH does not:
- Provide quotes or sell insurance
- Enroll consumers in commercial insurance plans, Medicaid, or Medicare
- Offer financial assistance or aid
- Share your personal information or story without your permission
- Turn anyone away, we will help you contact the person that can support you if it is not us
Inquiries RIREACH can answer:
- How and where can I get affordable health coverage?
- What are my options for insurance if I am unemployed or underemployed?
- Can an insurance company deny my child or me coverage because of a preexisting condition?
- How do I choose an insurance plan that works for me?
- My health insurance company denied me the health services I need. What are my options now?
- Where can I find low-cost dental care in Rhode Island?
- I cannot afford my health insurance. What are my options?